Becoming a Higher Education Provider (HEP)
E-Skills Australia has set up Educo Higher Ed to dedicatedly provide advisory and compliance services to the higher education sector.
We assist with applications to TEQSA to register as a Higher Education Provider (HEP). We also assist with;
- Establishing a governance structure for a private HEP
- Staff and member induction (Higher Education Standards Framework, governance, risk management etc.)
- New higher education course accreditation
- Internal review and audit (Governance, compliance, process)
- Membership to working committees
We assist both new/prospective and existing higher edcuation providers.
Preparation – Prior to Application
As outlined by TEQSA (2019), applicants must ensure they are able to demonstrate that:
- They are an entity listed under the definition of regulated entity in Section 5 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act).
- They have a clearly articulated higher education purpose that includes a commitment to, and support for, free intellectual inquiry in its academic endeavours – Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (HES Framework 2015), Standard B1.1.2.
- They have a formally constituted and accountable governing body, which includes independent members that exercise competent governance oversight of all of its proposed higher education operations in or from Australia – HES Framework 2015, Part A, Standard 6.1.1.
- Members of its governing body are fit and proper persons – HES Framework 2015, Part A, Standard 6.1.2.
- Members of its governing body meet the Australian residency requirements (if any) of the instrument under which the applicant is established or incorporated, or otherwise there are at least two members of the governing body who are residents of Australia – HES Framework 2015, Part A, Standard 6.1.2.
- Their proposed staffing for each course of study is sufficient to meet the educational, academic support and administrative needs of students undertaking the course. This includes oversight by academic leaders with sufficient experience to develop a higher education learning environment – HES Framework 2015, Part A, Standard 3.2.1.
- They can operate effectively and sustainably and in compliance with all relevant legislative requirements and their constitution or equivalent – HES Framework 2015, Part A, Standard 6.2.1.
- Their application for registration is in the approved form, accompanied by any information, documents and assistance requested (including a concurrent application for accreditation of at least one higher education course and all other information specified in the relevant application guide) as well as the relevant fee – Section 18(3) of the TEQSA Act.
For more information, visit TEQSA – Applying to Become a Higher Edcation Provider
For new applicants, we assist with;
- Developing and managing a project plan
- Assisting with establishing terms of references and charters
- Developing a business plan (preliminary)
- Assisting with establishing a mangement structure
- Assisting with estbalishing a governance structure
- Assisting with board and council meetings
- Developing key documents and plans
- Assisting with curriculum and course structure development
- Preparing a TEQSA application
The above are prepared as preliminary documents and structures at a formative stage, providing the required ground work and saving time.
Once the governing bodies are established and functional, we shall assume the advisry role under the direction of the main governing body.
The governing bodies and working committees shall assume their specific roles and responsibilities in developing, reviewing, and approving all the required systems and courses.
Contact us for further information and discussion.
Visit Educo Higher Ed website for detailed information on the registration process and our services.