Registering as a Registered Training Provider (RTO)
Becoming a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) can be a complex and a time-intensive process. We take a structured and a planned approach towards registration that includes;
- Business Model, Positioning, and Plan
- Physical, financial and human resources
- Training and Assessment Strategy
- Industry and Stakeholder Consultation
- Policy and Quality Frameworks
- Courses and Course Development
- RTO Documentations
- Application and Registration
Registration of a new RTO has the following requirements (ASQA, 2017);
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Fit and Proper Person Requirements (these requirements are now part of the Standards)
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements 2011
- Data Provision Requirements 2012.
- Additional requirements for RTOs offering VET courses with additional licensing requirements
ASQA also requires that all new applicants complete and submit a Self-assessment for initial RTO registration through ASQAnet with your initial registration application. We undertake the self-assessment as part of our service.
The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registration has additional requirements. Visit our CRICOS Registration section for more information.
For detailed registration information, visit Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) website – https://www.asqa.gov.au/vet-registration/apply-registration
DOWNLOAD (PDF): ASQA’s Guide for Initial Registration
RTO Registration Service & Process
We undertake RTO registration on a project basis, with complete engagement from start to finish.
The process typically involves;
- Initial consultation and service agreement
- Review and/or development of a business plan
- Organisational structure and workforce plan
- Financial Viability Assessment (Accountant)
- Campus/facility review and assessment
- Development of RTO strategy and documentation
- Development of learning and assessment materials
- Internal review and Self-Assessment
- ASQA application
- Audit planning, preparation and attendance
Note: Complete policies, procedures, and RTO documents for registration are also available for purchase. Assessment tools are also available for certificate to advanced Diploma level business, management, marketing, accounting, IT, and hospitality courses.
Serving all states and territories – VIC, NSW, QLD, WA, TAS, NT, ACT
Our consulting fees are fixed and we apportion part of the fee subject to a successful registration.
The fee structure provides a complete peace of mind, with assurance that we will be with you throughout the process.
Contact Us to arrange an initial meeting.